South Bay Family Sailing Series
(Relaxing/No stress/Sail Racing)
Sailing Instructions: January 15, 2022
When: January 15, 2022 Where: San Diego South Bay
Time: 12:00pm Local GPS Time Race
- Start race Q’s 11:45
- First Warning 11:55-One second blast of the air horn coordinated with GPS time.
- Group A. –Start 12:00, Group B.-Start 12:05, Group C.-Start 12:10. One second blast of the air horn.
- Group A: Blew-By-U, Kiss, Makai, Fast Sunday, Tom Kat, Mike, Pie in the Sky, Miller Time III, Pau Hana
- Group B: Simplicity, Atsa II, Sanctuary, Bon Temps, Estate Sail, Serendipity III
- Group C: Tiny Bubbles, Elusive, Ran, Osprey, Consigliere, Marilee.
If you are not listed above, or are a first-time racer please start at 12 O’clock
Racecourse #24 Course Distance approx. 7.4 Nm
- Buoy “R34” to port / Buoy “WR-32A” to starboard (starting line)
- Buoy “A” to Port
- Buoy “C” to Port
- Buoy “R28” Port
- Buoy “B” to Port
- Buoy “R34” to starboard / Buoy “WR-32A” to port (finish line)
Please Monitor VHF Channel 68 for information, to report problems on the course. Report finish times to Dan Dreesen, SV Marilee via text or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-884-6157 or Ted Bowler email@example.com or 619-334-7150 before end of day Sunday 9-22-21.
Yellow “Q” flag should be flown aft, where it can be best seen while racing.
I HAVE RECEIVED REPORTS THAT THE NAVY HAS MOVED THE ALPHA BUOY FROM THE LISTED LOCATION. THE RACERS WILL NEED TO LOCAT THE ALPHA BUOY AND SAIL AROUND IT.
- “A” (N32 39.9968 / W117 08.918) 24inch XL Yellow fender marked “A” in Black Letters.
- “B” (N32 39.177 / W117 08.575) 30inch White Ball marked with Letter “B” in Black Letters
- “C” (N32 38.542 / W117 08.195) 22inch Ball marked with the Letter “C” in black letters
Reference Navigation Charts for Location of the channel marks used for this race.