Proud Sponsor of
South Bay Family Sailing Series
(Relaxing/No stress/Sail Racing)
Sailing Instructions: September 18, 2021
When: September 18, 2021
Where: San Diego South Bay
Time: 12:00pm Local GPS Time Race
Start race Q’s 11:45
First Warning 11:55-One second blast of the air horn coordinated with GPS time.
Group A. –Start 12:00, Group B.-Start 12:08, Group C.-Start 12:15 . One second blast of the air horn.
It will be a “Pursuit Race
Group A: Blew-By-U, Kiss, Makai, Fast Sunday, Tom Kat, Mike, Pie in the Sky, Miller Time III
Group B: Simplicity, Atsa II, Sanctuary, Bon Temps, Estate Sail, Serendipity III
Group C: Tiny Bubbles, Elusive, Ran, Astra, Consigliere
If you are not listed above, or are a first-time racer please start at 12 O’clock
- Racecourse #13 Course Distance approx. 8.05 Nm
- Buoy “R34” to port / Buoy “WR-32A” to starboard (starting line)
- Buoy “A” to starboard
- Buoy “R26” to starboard
- Buoy “B to port
- Buoy “R32” to starboard
- Buoy “C” to starboard
- Buoy “B” to starboard
- Buoy “R34” to starboard / Buoy “WR-32A to port (finish line)
Please Monitor VHF Channel 68 for information, to report problems on the course. Report finish times to Ted Bowler, SV via text or Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Email – email@example.com or Text – 619 884-6157 before end of day Sunday 9-22-21
Yellow “Q” flag should be flown aft, where it can be best seen while racing.
These are the GPS coordinates of the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie course Buoys (4-11-21)
- “A” (N32 40.003 / W117 08.909) 24inch XL Yellow fender marked “A” in Black Letters.
- “B” (N32 39.177 / W117 08.575) 30inch White Ball marked with Letter “B” in Black Letters
- “C” (N32 38.542 / W117 08.195) 22inch Ball marked with the Letter “C” in black letters
Reference Navigation Charts for Location of the channel marks used for this race.